Traduction française à venir très bientôt.
As part of the Fall 2013 School Malaise Trap Program, 21 traps were running from September 23 to October 4. This program involved 659 students from 22 classrooms from 18 schools in 15 cities. Check out the map below to see all of these collection sites, with elementary schools in blue, secondary schools in red, and comparison sites in green. Download the KML file here to see more details in Google Earth.
The 21 traps on average collected 1,338 specimens for the collecting period. Our staff sorted 28,110 specimens and selected 5,985 to be barcoded. Our final dataset was made up of 4,736 barcodes (not all worked and short barcodes were discarded). These barcodes allowed us to determine that an impressive number of 1,493 species were collected over the two week period of the program. It is very exciting for us that 113 of these species were brand new to our DNA barcode library.
Download the results:
- Table of results from all 21 traps, including both schools and comparison sites (XLSX)
- Complete report on the ‘winners’ of the following categories: # of specimens caught, # of species caught, # of new species added to BOLD, and # of species unique to trap (XLSX)
- Detailed Fall 2013 School Malaise Trap Program Report (PDF)
- List of all 1,493 species collected in the Fall 2013 School Malaise Trap Program (PDF)
- Image Library of all species collected (15 MB PDF)
If you wish to receive an individual school’s report, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org